FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Aboriginal Health Television?
AHTV is played in the waiting room areas of Aboriginal Medical Services targeting patients, family members and carers at point-of-care, where health is top-of-mind.
Our High Definition Digital Out-of-Home network features geo-targeted health messages, lifestyle & entertainment content and news that connects Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities – empowering positive health decisions & outcomes.
What is Aboriginal Health Television’s Mission?
Our Mantra – Live Healthy, Live Strong, Live Long.
I am an Aboriginal Medical Service. How do I get the network installed at my clinic?
I am an Aboriginal Medical Service. Can I promote my own clinic and services on the screen?
Who are our supporters and contributors?
- Australian Government Department of Health
- National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO)
- NITV & ABC Indigenous
- Independent Content Producers
- Tonic Health Media
What type of content is played on AHTV?
- Location-based Aboriginal Medical Services messages
- Government Health Messages
- Medical, Health & Wellbeing, Nutrition & Exercise
- News & Weather updates
- Community & Culture
- Youth, Travel & Music
How much does it cost have AHTV at your clinic?
What are some of the AMS & patient benefits to having AHTV in your clinic?
- AHTV service is provided at no cost to AMSs
- Local Aboriginal people sharing their stories
- Increased health literacy for patients & carers
- Better patient discussions with healthcare providers
- Better health outcomes for AMS patients
- Ongoing support is provided by Tonic Health
Can Community Service Announcements be played on AHTV?
How can I submit content to be played on AHTV?
Can I watch AHTV online?
Is AHTV on social media?
Who started AHTV?
Tonic Health Media is Australia’s leading health and wellbeing network created by health and medical professionals. Tonic has a proven track record of creating, producing and managing a wide range of health & wellbeing content, that targets audiences in medical practices.
Aboriginal Health Television
Suite 7.02, Level 7
10-14 Waterloo Street
T: 1300 856 690